How sad-it's a friday night, and I'm posting on my blog. This is just the type of non stop excitement you can expect from a young prof. like myself.
I've been very depressed today. I almost started crying while I was getting my hair cut. And no I'm not that attached to my hair. It was just that the relationship I have with my hairdresser is something like the relationship some people have with their bartenders. He knows me and all my little emotional scandals quite well. I have even put him on the trail of my latest desire-a Russian boyfriend. In fact, to the latest aim I have decided to set up a special email account entitled russboyfriendproject@lycos.com. Yes, in the same vein as the "Date My Sister" project from Spark (which is a classic piece of internet something or other). If you would like to send mail about this website, please send it to the russboyfriendproject address.
This brings to mind something I was discussing the other day with a former student of mine. Are there any mail order husbands? I mean, I have to think that there is a huge industry here just waiting to be exploited. Or are men less willing than women to get married just to live in the US? If anyone has any ideas on the subject (including websites for mail order husbands) please let me know.
So as I said before I was very depressed while I was talking to my hairdresser. You see, for a while we were going through similar experience. I was abadoned by the man I was supposed to marry two weeks after Sept. 11th. He gives no indication that he even remembers that I exist. Paul, my hairdresser, discovered that his lover of 17 years was cheating on him about two months after that. Paul left him that day. Now I find out that Paul is "dating" his lover again. His lover is seriously pouring on the gifts. Gold rings, trips to Puerto Rico and stays in 900 dollar a night hotels. So you can see where I might be depressed. Here the lover did an about face almost immediately where as mine is off having the time of his god damned life while I have to fight the urge to throw myself under the subway. Paul says all the things that everyone says "oh he'll suffer. Some one will do the same thing to him." But this is wishful thinking. Nothing is more attractive to a human being than the idea of justice, whether it comes in the form of divine intervention, karma, or the legal system.
Well, I hope he does, but even if he does it isn't really satsifying because I don't get to cause it. If he wanted to come back and I made him crawl over razor blades and then roll in salt, then I might have some satisfaction. But allowing some other girl to get to see him suffer, it doesn't do a lot for me. Oh so he suffers, but at least he's not sitting at home in front of his computer on a friday night. My big plans to go ball room dancing tonight were shot when my gay partner hurt his knee today. I can't even go out with gay men anymore.
In other news I decided to do a little search for the mail order husbands thing. I came up with http://www.mailorderhusbands.net/ss/ which gives every indication of being on the level. I recommend going to the site to check out their latest sucess story. The claim on the site that despite language difficulties the new couple is "fluent in the language of love" made me instantly think of Ricky's Mom in Better Off Dead. (A classic John Cusack film-go out and watch it right now! Well, you can finish watching Heathers first.) Anyway, I can't imagine for paying for THAT guy. If I ever consider it, I want someone to shoot me.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?