Hell High
I wasn’t particularly impressed by this film until I watched with commentary by Joe Bob Briggs. One of the opening scenes features a young couple getting impaled in a swamp. As Briggs says, “You know that this had to be film in the NJ meadowlands. In a swamp, you get eaten by an alligator, you get chopped up by an outboard motor, you drown. Only in NJ do you get impaled by a swamp.” In fact he was so amazed by the scene that half way through the next scene he interrupts himself to go back and revisit the impaling.

On a side note, I got to meet Joe Bob this year at the NYCHFF. He stared at my hooters, and I was so starstruck I couldn't talk. If it wasn't for Monstervision, I don't know what I would have done on saturday nights in CT. So thank you Joe Bob for all the good memories.

“ You don’t know shit about the shit we’re in.” and “The last time I was in water like this I had to stay up all night picking leeches off of my scrotum.”

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?