Ballroom Diaries

Well, I went to a ballroom competition this weekend. Actually I went to the Fred Astaire 2004 Metropolitan Dancesport Championship (Doesn't THAT sound impressive). I had 31 entries, and was dancing for two days. And when I say two days I mean on saturday I got up and danced from ten in the morning until three in the afternoon in two and a half inch heels.

The experience was full of material and I took notes as the evil hotel I was staying in was stuck somewhere in the 1989. About the only conveince they managed to pull off was express check out, and I'd like to thank them for that little mercy. But I digress. The point is that I feel like I've been hit by a bus, I got no work done, and I have all this deep and profound commentary on the nature of amateur competitive ballroom dancing. So I'm going to do the same thing I did with my cruise. ( Christ, I can't believe that was almost a year ago!) I'm going to to start with my arrival and post every day about this weekend until I get it all down, so you are going to have to bear with me for a while.

soon to come...traveling and check in


Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?