The central message of Buddhism is not every man for himself -Jamie Lee Curtis as Wanda in A Fish Called Wanda

Last week, the Bad Buddhist was smashing around his cubicle, ranting about the stupidity of his students, when I looked him in the eye and said, "You know, you are the worst buddhist ever." ( Side note: BB often smashes around his cubicle, which often makes me think of the Ionesco play Rhinoceros. I keep hoping that one day I will hear him blustering around in there, and then suddenly a grey tusk emerge from the other side of the divider.)

He tried to argue. He tried to fight back. "Buddhism isn't just a bunch of surfer dudes chillin' out. It's about challenging conventions. It's about shaking people up so they can see beyond their reality." He spluttered around a bit more, and then walked out of the office.

Today, he informed me that he is now writing an essay entitled "The Worst Buddhist Ever."

Monday, after buying me a bottle of water because he insists I don't "hydrate enough" he said, "You know, I'm just crazy enough to be effective."

I thought this was rather an exaggeration on his part, but jokingly suggested that he should get a "Crazy enough to be effective" t-shirt.

I told him I should get a companion t-shirt with the slogan "Just crazy."


Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?