Because someone always said earlier and better than I did

"The only obsession that everyone wants: 'love.' People think that falling in love they make themselves whole?...I think otherwise. I think you're whole before you begin. And love fractures you. You're whole and then you're cracked open...You either get rid of it or incorporate it through self distortion. And that's what you did and what drove you mad."
-The Dying Animal by Philip Roth

Like it's not bad enough that David Sedaris just published a travel story in the New Yorker, that bastard, just to make me feel awful and insignificant my travel writing is. Now I have to read this. Alright I'll concede to you guys on some of this material as long as you leave me my bizarre growing up disabled with a clinically insane father memoirs. Deal?

Deal?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?