The New Christmas Order

Christmas at Chez Lapin Posted by Picasa

For those of you who remember some of my past Christmas posts, you will know that traditionally I go to my grandmother's house for Christmas. Since Mere Lapin developed a nefarious plan to keep us away from there this year, I was filled with ambitious intents. This year I would be able to write a monster Christmas post, detailing all my fond memories of Christmas and as an extra bonus including how the daughter of a Jew who hated Christmas suddenly became entitled to it. (Honestly, it was a neat trick kids. I wouldn't try it at home. After I managed to survive cancer, my father decided that I shouldn't be without Christmas. Helluva a price to pay for a tree and some candy canes. I digress.)

But well, things took a kind of turn, and I although my mother and I did manage to have our Christmas here as planned, I haven't had the time to blog that I intended. I know, not a shock considering I'm still writing film reviews from October and my adventures from November. But I thought I would at least include some pictures here of the lovely Christmas in Upstate rather than the frightening drinking anti freeze colored slush with tequila whilst circulating with relatives who are the best argument against Survival of the Fittest Darwin never hoped to see.

This is actually the first Christmas I can ever remember not spending it with my extended family and let me just say this is the way to do it. My mother and I have been drinking excellent mimosas by the fire, then we had fresh eggs with raclette cheese (courtesy of eli's), and now I'm having a mug of glog before throwning myself into a tub of Santa Baby (Lush). I was worried that somehow I wouldn't think of it as Christmas if I wasn't at my grandmother's house fending off depression and insane relatives, but no it seems actually more Christmas-y than past years. There are so many other things to blog about, but well if I can't be a decadent Christmas hog today then when can I?
Merry Christmas everybody!

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?