Alright Fine, Here's a Post About Crochet
Well since pouring my heart out about Sept 11th did nothing, but make me more depressed, here are some pictures of the projects in their various stages.

The Cthulhu Bathmitt:

Can I tell you how many guy says "Bath what? I don't get it." What is there to get people? It's not like abstract art. I'm not asking you to read an Italian Futurist play (please please don't-seriously put down the futurist text and back away slowly).

OK so let me explain and I'll try to use monosyllabic words. Basically it's like a wash cloth only fits over your hand and it looks like H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu. I'm going to add the eyes soon and it will look like less of a shamrock when I get the final color in, which will be more of a sea foam color. Or so I hope once I order more yarn from Elmore Pisgah.


The Signature Bunni Sweater:
I modified the pattern for the Jolly Roger Sweater in the Happy Hooker so instead of a skull and crossbones, it depicts a bunni face on the front. And a tail on the back.
It's not as exciting as I imagined so I'm trying to avoid the temptation to add you know something fancy like a martini glass with a carrot in it.
Of course, I shouldn't be doing any of this. I should be getting my life back on track. Calling the personnel office at NYU, contacting the union, cruising Craig's List for other jobs, editing my writing so I can become published at least. But who can resist the call of Cthulhu?
I have to admit I can't wait to test the prototype!
Coming soon the Cthulhu pocketbook.


Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?