I Want to Be Sedated

play dead Bunny!
Originally uploaded by blacksapphire.
OK So yesterday JUST finished all my freshmen papers (16 papers handed in on Tuesday and handed back with comments yesterday at 1:30). Left work, met with the Doberman for coffee for 30 min. Met Mere Lapin for dinner. Went home and crashed. Woke up at 8 am managed to correct almost ALL my literature reading logs (about 20) and drop them off here by 3. Now I have to go back home and change before I met my old college friends and try not to be depressed by how little I have accomplished in 10 years (and how much weight I've gained). Wake up tomorrow and calculate final grades for the frosh, write two exams, and grade late papers. Oh right and also finally find a hotel in Paris so that I end up staying on the left bank literally.

And that's just the beginning.

And I have to do all of this while trying not to be horribly depressed. Sure I blew one off last night, but the guy was either seriously bipolar or a cokehead. Not exactly what I want to date. In fact the best dating option I have right now, no joke, is an ex con. Two nights ago he asked me, "Why are you always so sad?" I figured he didn't have tme for the list, but trust me it just get exponentially longer.

I have made an appointment to see a psychiatrist something I have been very loathe to do, but it seems clear at this point that the talking cure and all of my other activities will not pull me out of this on its own.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?