Anatomy of a Road Trip
Marcella:You know, when you started getting invited to your ten year high school reunion, time is catching up.
Martin:
Are you talking about a sense of my own mortality or a fear of death?
Marcella: Well, I never really thought about it quite like that.
Martin:Did you go to yours?
Marcella:Yes, I did. It was just as if everyone had swelled.
-Grosse Point Blank

On Monday I sent in my fee for my 15th high school reunion. (Yes, it's a private school people. We pay for EVERYTHING.) I had the invite on my desk for a month thinking about it. And then one night I was thinking about my first kiss, which was on school grounds. Before you get all misty eyed, I should tell you it was one of the single most disgusting experiences of my life. In fact, it was revolting enough that I didn't kiss another boy for 3 years. But while I remember vague details about the incident itself. (It was a dance in the spring. They bused in boys from another school, which made no sense because we were a co-ed school. My father picked me up at the end of the night.) I couldn't remember how the buildings looked from the exact point where I would have been. I still have a pretty clear idea of what LC looked like, but this part of my memory had faded.

And that was when I made the decision. It must be done.

Sure I need to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks. And yes it is most likely a recipe for depression or at the very least a minor nervous breakdown, but when have I ever let that stop me?

So I will be going to The Island on June 14th. While I'm at it, I'm going to tool around CT for a bit. Just a three day trip or so to see what's going on there. While I was thrilled to leave CT, I always consider it home.

So any suggestions for roadtrip music?


(And yes I'll get you guys out of Frehel before I go. In fact I'll put up another post tonight or tomorrow.)

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?