"Karma is just justice without the satisfaction. And I don't believe in justice." James CaanThe Way of the Gun

Totally depressing weekend. Yesterday was the worst. I was invited out to see a movie with the socially clueless linguist, and having nothing better to do, I accepted. In some ways, a really bad decision, and in other ways, a huge freakin' mistake. So I meet her and the movie we want to see is sold out for the early time, so we buy late tic and decide to find a place to hang out and have a drink. So we are looking for a bar I used ot hang out at called the Library, of course, it's been so long since I've been in the village when it wasn't for work I couldn't find it (although when I got home I found I was only two blocks off course-damn it!) Walking around I was surprised at all the cute little shops that sprang up, and again,as I always am when I walk around the east village, I am sorry that I live up town and I remember all the great things we took advantage of when I lived down there. I didn't have to take the subway anywhere. Walk to Coney Island High (when it was still open-I actually saw the Ramones there-when joey ramone was still alive). Walk to the jazz clubs (there's a good one Houston with white sangria that kicks butt). Walk around in the west village, just window shop or get cupcakes at the Magnolia Bakery or the best damn tabouli or zatar bread at moustache. Even when I didn't live there, when I lived in the financial district, I sitll hung out at al these places the union square farmers market, republic, coffee shop. I miss it. I'm getting old. I don't even get carded anymore. Two years ago I used to get carded if I looked at a bar. I got carded going into movies (Seven, Snatch, and the Blair Witch Project). Now I walk into a bar and no one cards me. I'm beginning to look my age. The only thing that gave me hope was that I look young, and now I'm even losing that. Or is simply that this chronic unhappiness is beginning to take its toll on my features.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?