The Wierdest Day I Could Have Without Leaving the Apartment

Ok so yesterday I decided to stay home and do work. Just longue around. So I finally go to bed around like two am. I was not in a good mood. Then I am awakened at two thirty or so by the phone. It's the guy Ed. Now Ed and I went on maybe maybe a grand total of three dates last summer. It was just you know kind of hanging around. And then he vanished, which was fine with me because I didn't really want to see him again. But Ed, for reasons known only to him, continue to call at random intervals about once every two months. At first the calls were around midnight, but they have gotten progressively later. Now this doesn't bother me, because as anyone can tell by some of the times I post to this blog, I am generally up really late. Generally Ed wants to hang and what's amazing is that he hasn't noticed that every time he calls I say no. I always make some kind of excuse like I am tired or I am hanging with someone or something.

So he called me two weeks before I left (the night that Disney locked himself in the bathroom) and I was like "Um I have company." Now you would think this would signal to him that things between us are over. That and my utter and complete failure to ever see him. So he calls last night and he is so drunk I can brely understand what he is saying (OK I was half awake too, but he was clearly drunk). And he wants to know if he can come and crash with me. So I say "Well if I didn't have a boyfriend that might be ok." And suddenly the light goes on in Ed's alcohol enfeebled brain. "Oh my G-d, and he's probably there. I'm so sorry. It will never happen again." "Yeah, um, can you please stop calling me after midnight? I mean, I don't mind hearing from you, but just a little earlier, you know." And he says yes and of course and he is apologizing. I can tell that he is in that drunken self-pity close to crying stage. So I'm like "Well, ok get home safe." And I hang up.

Now you say, Bunni, one booty call in the middle of the night does not make a strange night.

No, you are right.

So at four the buzzer for my apartment goes off. Now the super changed the lock on the front door so I figure it is just some poor twit locked out and I am not getting out of my warm bed with my kitty. Sorry. People had been buzzing to get in all day and I was a good sport about it. (Because I am known to be a good sport people are always buzzing me when they get locked out, which doesn't REALLY bother me, with the exception of one family that started buzzing me everytime they needed to get in because it was easier than fishing out their key. Finally I told them that I was not a doorman and I didn't really have the time to get up and buzz them in every day four times a day.) But then my door bell rings. So I am half awake but also scared because who the hell could get into the apartment building to ring my bell. Well, I know a few people in the building so I thought maybe there was some kind of emergency. So I say who is it.

"It's John."

"John Yule?"

"Yes." Ok if you notice John Yule is one of The Guys Who Never Called 2003. We went out twice in March and then that was it. He vanished only to turn up on my doorstep at four inthe morning. So I was totally confused, but being me I was also curious. Besides he was already at my door. So I let him in.

He sits on the couch. I am like ok so what's going on? Anything wrong? And he says no, and then and then and then...His friend Russ is off in Spain getting married. The script they wrote that was being batted around Hollywood and looked good for a go has now stalled. And he is feeling low. And I guess I give off that "will be sympathetic to tremendous disappointment at the early hours of the morning" vibe. (Because I go through this all the time, but I have never turned up on anyone's doorstop at four in the morning. Maybe I need to start.)

So we sit there and chat for about an hour and half. Then he starts being allergic to my cat and leaves. He takes my email address before he goes. He doesn't know about the blog. He did ask for the address, but I told him he has to email me first and then I'll see how I feel about it. He told me that he might use my blog for material. (I was like Uh I'm already using it for material thanks.) And then he said he would feel honored if someone wanted to use him in a script (little does he know he already has had the honor-not only for being used here but of being a character in short story that I am working on).

So then I woke up today and I was like. What the hell happened? Why does everyone call all at once?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?