God, Grammar, And Government

I log on to AOl today, and there is that evil news flasher thingy and what do I see "Bible Believers Feel Forsaken: Is society abandoning G-d?" Well of course it's over this, uh guys let's PRETEND that we still up hold that seperation between church and state thing ruling in the courts. Let me just say this for the record. First off soceity and government ARE TWO SEPERATE THINGS, and I'm not talking in a seperate but equal type of sense, I'm taking like apples and oranges. Do they interesect? Yes. Do they overlap? Surely, but apples and oranges are both fruit, it doesn't mean they are the same thing.

The seperation of church and state is one of the only reasons I stay in this country. If that goes, I'm moving to Scotland. I mean, hot men in kilts vs a theocracy. Sign me up for bagpipe classes.

Basically if a majority of people woke up tomorrow and said "You know, I don't think G-d exists." That is a case of soceity abadoning G-d. If the government says "You know, it's not appropriate to have the rule of one single religion posted in government buildings. Especially since our legislation and laws often differ greatly from that of these rules ( capital punishment anyone?)." That's government setting up appropriate boundaries. The government isn't forbiding any judge or other government worker from believing in G-d and affirming those beliefs in private or putting the ten commandments on their own front lawn if they so desire, it just doesn't allow that government buildings are the appropriate forum for such postings.

I would say G-d bless them for it, but uh somehow that doesn't seem quite appropriate.








Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?