My Office Should be Surrounded by Caustion Tape
Posted by Hello
The more time goes on, the fewer grad schools I am applying to. I started with only five, and now I am down to 3. By next week, maybe only the one. If you are concerned about the low number of places I am applying to, don't be. For undergrad I applied to three schools, I only got into one for my proposed major. For grad, I applied to 3 schools. I got into 2. So now I am applying to three schools. We are hoping the odds will remain with us despite how some of my well meaning friends have been trying to help me.
For example, Bunni has a rare moment of positive thinking.
Bunni: According to most of the grad admission people, most of the students are younger and just from college. My writing sample will be much better than that, so I have hope.
Well Meaning Friend: Yeah. but you are going to be up against some people who will already have one or maybe two or three graduate degrees.
And then people say "Why are you so HARD on yourself?" Because on the few occassions I demonstrate something vaguely ressembling positive thinking, people decide suddenly and without warning to take on my cycnical attitude. Perhaps they are merely trying to keep the balance in the universe or maybe they simply want me to positive so they may have the pleasure of shooting me down.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?