Reader, I Quit
So I resigned from my job last week.


Kind of.


I honestly don't want to go into details for a variety of reasons one of which being I just don't have the strength to relive the soul sapping meeting that lead to this decision. To make a long story short there is a person who here who wants me to quit. Much like Captain Queeg, she is convinced that people are "out to get her" and much like Queeg she refuses to see that any "persecution" she experiences she has brought upon herself. I haven't dealt with this much insanity since my father was put in the Institute of Living. (The Institute of Living is a rather interestingly named looney bin. I would think the Institute of Coping would be a better name.) Anyway Queeg isn't going to get fired nor will she retire and although she doesn't have much power she has enough to make my life miserable. And I have more than reached my quota on miserable and dealing with insanity. I think we all know that Chez Lapin we hit our crazy quota for the year thanks to one person. In fact, I'm might be stocked up for two or three. So I resigned.


Except that my resignation won't actually take effect until May.


And the year long supervisor refused to accept it.


But I meant it and I stand by it. I will NOT continue working here for another year.


Now a lot of you have already extended a lot of support and for that I thank you because I may have fucked up my life in some pretty creative and important ways, but at the very least I have managed to attract some fabulously good friends. But really this isn't the horror show you might imagine it to be. First of all this job was supposed to be temporary. Second I've gone as high as I can here. My rent keeps going up, my salary won't. So basically I need to look for a new job anyway. So really, things aren't so bad.


Lord help me, I actually sound like an optimist.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?