Do you like scary movies?
I read about the film 39: A Film by Carroll McKane in Fangoria. The premise is a serial killer obsessed with filming his kills abducts a forensic psychiatrist. Because of my interest in voyeurism and the increasing use of film in horror movies, I decided to go down to the Pioneer Theater and see it. Since I'm writing a review which will most likely appear in Icons of Fright, I won't write about it here except to say I can't resist serial killer with a sense of humor, which are boy Carrol certainly has. (As almost any boy named Carrol in this day and age would have to.)

So after the film, there was a Q and A with the director, Gary Sherman. The crowd was very tough, questioning his assertion that serial killers are suicidal, pressing him on similarities to other films. He took it well and then from behind me I heard a voice say, "Well we put out a box set of 13 interviews with serial killers." I had been in the dark with someone who had put together a box set of interviews with serial killers.

That was the most terrifying moment of my night.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?