Why I Occassionally Love NYC
I was out to dinner with Jane Rose last night. She's a horror film director and her segment, an adaptation of the Last Statement of Randolph Carter, was one of my favorite pieces of LoveCracked! The Movie. Anyway, we had dinner at the Great Jones Cafe, which has great comfort food (even though I need to lose weight-my time in upstate was not good for the waistline), and very cute cook who was oogling me as I licked sauce off my fingers. I was totally into those wings, sauciness all over my fingers, just a messy good time, and looked up to see this guy grinning at me. Oh the shame. But I still ate up those wings!

So I had a thoroughly wonderful time with Jane, who has had dinner with Joe Bobb Briggs. (For that I hate her, just a little, and in a loving way, but yeah I hate her. On the other hand, I couldn't even speak to Joe Bobb when I saw him last year so the odds are if I had dinner I would do something genius like throw up on myself in sheer anxiety. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have dinner with him.) We traded books and talked about movies. She likes Coney Island! I have a new Coney Island buddy! So exciting.

I digress.

So I was walking home all thoroughly fattened and gurgling with the satisfaction of a decent night out when this woman walked passed me, turns around and says, "Nice breasts." She meant it as a genuine compliment. Out of surprise, I just said, "Oh, thanks." "No, really." She continued, "They're very cute." And then she turned around and kept walking.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?