Slackers

OK so I write a post about adultery, and my numbers continue to go down? What do you people want? Vomiting pumpkins?

This week is going to be killer. I know I haven't even blogged about RIIHFF and I am about to embark on the insanity that is NYCHFF. I've got mountains of candy this year. Oh and I'm getting business cards printed up so that I may be all swanky like and network instead of being sticky arm candy like I was last year.

If you happen to be in the city and are thinking about going to NYCHFF-here are some of my picks.

Thursday 8 pm Tribeca Cinemas:

The Lost (1 hr 55 min)-This film is brutal. I don't know if I can watch it again ( I saw it at RIIHFF), but the author of the novel on which the film is based, Jack Ketchum, will be there for a Q and A.

Friday 8:30 Tribeca Cinemas:
Penny Dreadful (30 min.)-This film seems to be hitting the festival circuit pretty hard. Betsy Palmer has an appearance in the film and will be at a Q and A after the film. (The feature it's paired with is Lucio Fulci's Zombie.)

Friday 10pm Tribeca Cinemas:
Eddie Loves You-(25 min) This short spoof about a Elmo like stuffed toy that is less than pleased with his owner's decision to throw him away is a laugh riot. It starts out slowly, but it is definitely a must-see. Great references to Halloween, the Fog, Child's Play, and the Exorcist.

Saturday 12pm Tribeca Cinemas:
The Pod (18 min) If you loved someone, would you take a drug that might deepen your connection, but is potentially dangerous? The Pod offers couples a chance to find out if they are meant to be together, if they can survive.

Sunday 6 pm Tribeca Cinemas:
Grace (6 min) This brief short is based on fact-mothers sometimes have to carry a dead fetus to term. When a car accident kills her husband and her baby, a mother decides to carry the child to term in order to have a "natural" delivery. This film, much like Deathwatch, shows how the most natural impulses, like a mother's love, can become perverted and the outcome is monstrous.

Last Rites of the Dead (2 hrs) Much like Zombie Honeymoon, this film is a more intimate look at how a zombie outbreak effects one couple. When a young woman, Angela, is shot by her boyfriend, she find that her unlife is much worse than she imagined. The film follows Angela as she attempts to cope with discrimination in the workplace, anti zombie vigilante groups, her now stalker ex boyfriend, and how to explain to her mother that she's a zombie. Even though I've seen it once, I'll most likely see this one again!

And yes, I will have gummy brains.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?