Overheard on Halloween
I know that your saying to yourself, "Where the hell are Bunni's insane halloween pics?"

I hear your cry.

Unfortunately my suddenly tempermental wireless does not. I should be finishing my NYCHFF coverage as well as my syllabus. Tomorrow I am going to pimp my boy posse's technology (as I am now) or perhaps I can lure the lovely Bakerina into a deal where she uses my apartment and I use her laptop.

Long story short-have lots to do and not enough access to necessary technology.

But to keep you entertained until my fabulous photographs are up I thought I would entertain you with one of the things we HEARD on Halloween.

Kiss Kiss tricked out as the Grim Reaper's personal assistant and I were sitting by outside having a drink at a bar/restaurant. As we got up to leave, we both overheard the two men at the next table. One, who looked to be 27 years old ( a way of saying old enough to know better), was saying, "So this chick is naked. I mean full on naked. And she's sorta hot, but she's got bush."

Now you say that in proximity to me you better be talking about her political beliefs. Have we really gotten to the point where men have such twisted ideas about the female form that the mere presence of public hair is unattractive?

I mean, sure, I shave my legs. Maybe not as often as I should, but still I do. I've even bikini waxed. I get manicures and pedicures. I pluck my eyebrows. I'm no stranger to grooming-or even pain in the name of grooming but I don't think the complete and utter absence of pubic hair is a standard to which all women should be held.

Now some chicks LIKE to be hairless. And that's fine. As long as it's what they enjoy. But guys before you start holdin' women to some of these standards-do me a favor. Look in the mirror. A full length mirror. Naked. Look hard. And think about all the things a woman could cringe over in your physique. Body hair? Flab? Lack of muscle tone? Body blemishes? Nostril hair? Balding? Corns? Dry, flaky skin? Ingrown toenails? I'll be honest. I could keep going, but I would rather not.

So yeah I got bush. What about it? And the first man who asks me to wax or shave it, well all I got to say is, "Sure. We'll shave each other. You first, of course. It'll be fun. I've got a really steady hand. I promise I'll be careful. Could you pass me another beer first though?"

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?