Thinking Blogger Award

So last week Joe nominated me for the Thinking Blog Award. Which was the one nice part of my week, and it was definitely a week where I needed a bit of an ego stroke and then some. So it is nice to know that despite my deep resentment of being raised to overthink everything and my selection of underwear that there are some readers out there who appreciate my intellectual prowess.

Alright, I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. One of the strange things about me is despite all my clamouring for attention, when I get positive attention I get strangely self conscious and don't know what to say. So let me now direct your attention to some other thinking bloggers.

Part of the award is to link to five other blogs that make me think. Which is difficult in terms of picking only five. And while my sidebar is chock full of blogs that make me think, I have finally settled on my five. So here are my five nominees.

1. Bakerina
Do I even need to write about this blog people? Bakerina can write about the history of cooking with chicken, extol the virtues of knitting socks, and perhaps is the only person who can hold her own in a British Comedian Quote Off with me, which is a serious accomplishment. She also has a library I envy . She is actually the first blogger I met who I continued to like after I met her. So she is both an awesome person as well as blogger.

2. The Smallist-Who said size doesn't matter? While I keep getting emails about increasing the size of my unit (do they mean my stereo unit?), the Smallist is dedicated to convincing the world that size, or rather a lack of it, DOES matter. A different perspective on the whole bigger is better argument.

3. Truly Awful If an Easter Bunny headstone doesn't make you think, I'm not sure what will.

4. Retrolife Dedicated to all things retro even, gulp, chicken salad pie. I don't know if thought is the right word for this blog. I think haunting obsession might be closer.

5. A Finger in Every Pie I got two words for you people: cupcake conundrum. A fellow teacher who inspired me to keep the faith in finding ways to teach my little miscreants to be edjumucated. And also a whole bunch of nummy pictures of food that I can't think about eating until I lose another 10 pounds.


Anyway, as they say in Saw, there are rules to the thinking blogger award and here they are:

1. If you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the Thinking Blogger Award” with a link to the post that you wrote.

Off you go...

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?