So remember that idiot who I ran away from last sunday? Well he sent me an email this weekend. Well, actually he sent me two emails last week and called me nine times (I didn't pick up). But apparently this guy can't take a hint if applied with an alumnium bat to the head. So he sent me another email today. I'm sure there is some way to include the actual text of this email, but I don't know how and even if I did, I would be loathe to do it because it would have my real email address (and therefore my real and very carefully guarded identity) but it would also have his real name and as much as he is incapable of having clue I don't feel like humiliating him to the very very few people who might actually stumble onto this web blog. (Am I not sensitive? Am I not caring? Even to the poor clueless dolts who don't deserve it?) So moron has written a two page long email asking me, mind you, if I don't care to socialize with him any more. He wants me to tell him because, he still has hope that maybe there was just some misunderstanding. Yep, I think it was my ass that misunderstood your hand when you grabbed it during our "hug." Or maybe I misunderstanding the phone when it rings which would account for my failure to answer it when you call. So I sent him a very brief email letting him no that there was no mistake or misunderstanding or hope, for that matter. And then I blocked his email. Hopefully that WILL make an impression.
But this seems to be a habitual problem for me. I have the undying affection of men I can't stand, but the ones that I want stay tantalizingly out of the way. Now I know part of this has to be my fault. I'm not looking in the right places. (Is there like some big pen of them somewhere that I'm missing?) And certainly there have been times when I was totally not ready for something serious. But hey I'm ready, I'm together, I'm flexible (in more ways than one) and uh where the hell are the decent men? I mean, there has to be one guy, who is not my ex boyfriend, who has a sense of humor and can take a clue. That's all I'm asking for. Oh and without a wedding ring, but with a pulse. I mean, c'mon I lower my standards anymore I'm going to have to start cruising the morgue.
In other news, this weekend, since I had no idiot to take me out, I went to the local pub on saturday. Of course, never let it be said that a saturday night goes by without some kind of story. I'm sitting in this bar being ignored by this guy I really like. (Another more painful story which I will go into more detail about later) and this young guy (I would say early twenties) walks up to me and with no preamble whatsover says "You have great breasts." Ok so this guy is drunk, but not obnoxiously so (ie falling down, tripping over his own feet drooling on his brooks brothers shirt). So having no idea what the "proper response" would be (hey my ass isn't bad either there buddy), I resort to typical teacher behavior-smile and nod. So that's exactly what I did. And it did, temporarily it worked because he kind of stood there for a moment. Almost said something again. Then said "I'm really drunk" and walked away. Which is fine with me. He's in a bar. He's not a threatening drunk, but I was to say the least amazed that he was actually expecting some kind of response to his comment. Was I supposed to be impressed by his honesty? So then he comes back about fifteen minutes later to say, "You know you are the best looking woman in this place?" Ok, I guess he thought a more traditional approach might work with me. (He also may have been still on his honesty kick since A I am definately a devastatingly beautiful woman-ok I'm at least good looking and B there weren't too many women in the place to begin with) So I simply say "Actually I did, but thank you for re-affirming it for me." To which again he meandered off. (He then tried to pick up to very unattractive girls near the end of the bar-and when I say unattractive I mean that they hadn't even really brushed their hair never mind put on make up or clothes that fit. I guess the thought process here is that two unattractive girls is better than no girl or they measure up to one attractive girl. There should be a college level course in drunken man logic and that should be on the final.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?