"Remember this...you used to be fun. You used to be warped and twisted and hilarious. And I mean that in the best possible way. I mean that as a compliment." John Cusack (as Llyod Dobler) in Say Anything More Quotes From "Say Anything" Here

So the film Identity comes out today, starring, among others, John Cusack. Now I remember when Cusack was doing movies like the above mentioned Say Anything or the classic Better Off Dead. I have respected many of his choices including his appearance in films like Bob Robertsand Grosse Pointe Blank. Because of his age and the type of work he has done, I identified with his characters whether it be the "loser" in Better Off Dead or as the "morally flexible" hero of Grosse Point Blank. Now it's bad enough that I feel old because my students refer to As Good As It Gets as an old movie (see rant on 4/21), but when I see a trailer for a the film Identity and John Cusack looks old, I feel old. What happened? Why the sudden aging? How old is the guy anyway? He can't be that much older than I am. And I begin to feel that panic, that panic that a person feels when one begins to realize that aging isn't something that just happens to parents. I mean, people keep telling me how young I look, but I'm not being carded at movie theaters (that's right, I was carded going into Snatch, the Blair With Project, AND Seven) or bars anymore. Which means that at best I only six or seven years younger than I really am. There is no justice!

In other news, I included the Beast in a mass email about My Cat Hates You Dot Com (see links on the right) and HE EMAILED BACK. It was just one line inquiring if I had uploaded any pics of my cat yet. I responded with a very snarky one liner, "Because I have so much free time to be taking pictures of my cat. right." And I kind of thought that would end it. But no, he emailed a one liner back, about how she needs to preserved for posterity. So I emailed him back maybe I should have her bronzed. So he emails me back "But would that really do justice to her furry potentail." I hate him. Handsome, smart, witty, strong, accomplished. Is there anything this guy can't do? Oh yes, I remember now HAVE A RELATIONSHIP. Of course. Or maybe I should make that more specific, he can't have a relationship with me (after all remember from blog entries long past he was living with and engaged to some girl in California at one point.) Anyway, so I gave up. The wit won me over. That and he was a really good kisser and I do miss that. (Hey, I have needs over here, do you mind?) So I emailed him back in a flirty manner (because I can't imagine why else he would bother to email me three days in a row unless he is trying to put me in a good mood in order to suggest we hang out or something-otherwise what would be the point of his effort-especially after three months of silence?) "Ok, you got me. Do I have to roll over and let you rub my tummy?" I knew that he would probably respond in a ambivalent manner, making him even more aggravating and yet attractive. Well the Beast is not one to disappoint. he emailed me back that he was unaware that I had taken on so much of my cat's personality. Well my cat is asexual. I WISH I had more of her personality. Life would be so much easier. I would get so much more done instead of mooning around waiting for the likes of the Beast to pick up the phone. So there it is he emailed for the first time in history four days in a row. On the other hand he is just as unreadable and distant as ever. Isn't it nice to know that in this world of constant change, there are some things that remain the same?

No, it isn't.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?