You know I hve been realizing that most people don't spend this much time online. I thought it was normal. A lot of people I know check their email at least once a day, but I would say a large majority (if we take the popultion outside of large cities) check their email a couple of times a week. It's just another odd thing that makes me feel seperate from other people. Sometime I think if I didn't feel like I had to check my email and update my blog every day (and somehow those tasks seem to take hours) I would get a lot more done. But I feel an obligation to do these things. Especially since my students have come to expect it.
I used to look down on those cam girls-those girls who live every moment on live feed. I used to think it was humuliating and demeaning to be that exposed even if it voluntary, even if there is compensation in the form of money or attention. But really how is what I do any different. I'm voluntary broadcasting the inner details of my depression, my thoughts, my moods. Ideas that only flicker across my mind are "permanently" recorded here. So saddle up for the next installment of "Bloggers Gone Wild."

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?