If I had a hammer...
I've spent the last week correcting midterm exams. The next time someone says to you, "But NYU is a good school" you might delicately remind them that I get to correct sentences like:


"Sometimes childrens speak better when ask."*


When I asked the student what she meant to write, she said, "I meant that children express themselves better through Art than words."


Maybe I should have accepted exam submissions in the form of interpretive dance.


I'm not even going to bother to go through the other highlights, but it certainly came as no surprise to me that this Esquire article welcoming me to Idiot America contained the following quotation:
"We've been attacked," he says, "by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture."


Oh, you'll know when you've been attacked, and you won't have enough of a jaw left to make comments to Esquire reporters.

* This sentence is not the actual sentence, but to protect the student I have altered it slightly while keeping the basic skill level intact.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?