Because the really good comedy writes itself
So yesterday I ensconced myself at my favorite coffee shop to attempt to wade through midterm exams, and this guy comes rushing in. "My wife," he explains to the barrista, "she says she wants a chai. But she doesn't know what a chai is. You know, she's from Jersey." To which the barrista replied, "Does that you mean you want a chai or not?"


Immediately after that I open my first exam and the first line, not even the first sentence, the first line has the word "fallacated."


No, it isn't a word. The student essentially meant "mistaken," but I like the word to be used in another way. As in "Yeah, he didn't have much until he started taking those fallacating supplements." Or "That prosthesis in Boogie Nights was so obviously fallacated."


Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?