I'll Be Seeing You:Coffeeslave Plans My Life
Yesterday was Coffeeslave's last day of work. She won't leave until May 5th, but still I looked forward to seeing her six days a week.We ended up at a mutual friends place watching Bridget Jones, ordering Chinese take out, and drinking beer.


On the walk back to my place, she told me, "You need to go to Europe. Seriously, you need to leave here. You need to go to Europe and have some man who doesn't speak English pamper you. Yeah that would make anyone feel better, but you, you need it. You need to remember that you are the shit, because you are. I see it, you forget. And I don't know why that is. And I don't want you to turn into those other people who hang at the place. Yeah some of them are smart and nice, but you are the shit, girl. You are. And you can't forget that. But you need to leave. You need to go away and then comeback and hook up with Java. I've thought it all out for you. You just need to do it."


She left me at the door on her way to her bus. Before she went too far, she turned and said, "This isn't the last time I'm going to talk to you before I leave, is it?"


"No," I called back to her, "I'll call you tomorrow. I'll see you this weekend." She walked off without turning around.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?