Online Dating Tip du Jour: Screennames
If Romeo and Juliet had been written today, Juliet might have mused on her FB page:
What’s in a dating screenname? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So RomeoMontague1570 would, were he not RomeoMontague1570 call’d,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes        50
Without that screenname.

Obviously one of the first way I can judge a potential cyber suitor is by their screenname. For example, this morning, I received an IM from CaptAmerica. Needless to say, it's very exciting to get a message from a name that invokes such an iconic presence. Unfortunately, the message I received "Hi. How are you?" Talk about a huge let down! If you give yourself a screenname like that, you're setting a very high bar for yourself. I'm EXPECTING someone who will blow my panties off with the power of a single message.

There are plenty of ways to capture your spirit without engineering a surefire disappointment. For example, my online screenname isn't JessicaRabbit because DAMN is that a bad idea for any number of reasons. The point is, much like when you select a holy grail, pick your screenname WISELY.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
So true. I think it's generally true for one's online persona including email address and so forth.
 
Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?