I had the wierdest day yesterday. WIERDEST. Ok so I booked the singles cruise. No one tried to talk me out of it, so your silence amde me think maybe it was good idea. So I decided in horror of st partick's day to have ONE drink at the local Irish pub. Right, one drink. So I go in and immediately absorbed by a group of guys. There was one guy there, Scott, very cute. We were all flirting (he liked my ass) he just broke up with his girlfriend so I don't have worry about the whole "i'm kind of seeing someone in a way sort of" (come to find out this "sort of seeing someone" secretly means "he's married" just joking) So I have to go to ballroom I give him my card with my number and my cell phone because he wants to know how we will hook up again if they move bars. So I go to the ballroom and come back and he's gone (I'm now four drinks into my one drink). And all his friends are asking me, where is Scott. I'm like I don't know. So they are like "Oh he didn't leave with you?" And I was like no. So he vanished. So now I'm standing there with my drink (his friends bought me one because they felt bad for me being abandoned) I'm by the door thinking well I'm going on home after this when this young guy walks in looks behind him to see me turns around and plops his bag down. He starts to talk to me and five minutes later he says "let's get married." I started to laugh. He was like "Seriously, let's get married." I was like "No, you don't know me." And he was like "Listen, I think I could be happy with you for the rest of my life." I mean, if I never get paid a compliment again in my life, that would be a good one to end on. So then he going on about how I'm hot and beautiful and funny. (My therapist was like "He proposed after talking to you for five minutes? You must be one hell of a conversationalist.") For the record he was NOT drunk (I was however). So he was like "Let's go to Atlantic City." I'm laughing, but he keeps saying he's serious, that he wants to marry me. He tells me he will introduce me to his parents. He takes me out of the pub and calls his dad and introduces me on the phone as his fiancee. I'm laughing right now thinking about it. The guy in question, my intended, is a fireman who lives about fifteen minutes out of the city. So we talking and talking and he keeps saying he wants to marry me so I finally said yes I would marry him this weekend. I thought wouldn't this be great? Go on spring break single and come back to school are married woman? Wouldn't my students just love that? And in terms of it being a story, well, it IS like a bad comedy premise ( She's the One and Fools Rush In ) but still I could get mileage out of it.He was asking me if I would change my name. He promised to treat me like a queen. So he leaves promising to call me today.

He hasn't called.

What a shock. of course, he still could call. I mean he is a man. But even if he doesn't, in a way, it would be a relief because how do I explain to him that now sober I wake up the next day and think "I promised to marry a fireman in atlantic city this weekend. Christ!" Everyone is very impressed and amused by the story. It's good to leave it at that. A great story with no kind of reality entangled with it. None of the mess.

But wait, there's more. So my "intended" leaves and I'm sitting in the window. (There were no bar stool and my legs were killing me. In fact, my ankles are still so sore today I was wlaking with a limp.) And I'm sitting there and I see John the "I'm kind of seeing someone but I'll call" and his friend Russ. Now I told myself if I saw john I was going to play it cool, but I was drunk and therefore forgot so I called his name. They came over and I talked them into coming in. But they didn't come over and talk to me. So I went over to them. Ok I know this is dramatic, but I'm tired and I'm going to end the story here for now. You'll have to tune in tomorrow if you want to know the conclusion to my thrilling wierd st patrick's day.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?