"These were not pleasant thoughts. Perhaps, CB thought to himself, it was impossible to have pleasant ones so close to a decomposing moose." Richard Russo-Empire Falls (available at amazon)

He didn't call. Not that the vigil is technically over. Some guys call after two weeks. So there is still hope. You can still light candles or donate money to the religious order of your choice in the name of me getting a phone call from what the hell let's put his name down, David O'connor. Can you get more irish than that? Maybe that's why he didn't call, maybe he actually a priest. Oh lord that would happen to me. I manage to avoid dating gay men, and then walk right into fooling around with a priest. So let's all pray now that David O'Connor is not a priest and the reason why he isn't calling is because he is trapped under a large piece of furniture.
So I met a cute funny smart sexy guy last night (he had the best voice and I'm a sucker for a sexy voice) so we are having this big conversation and he's flirting and I'm flirting and his hand is on my waist and then and then and then after three hours of conversation he tells me "Well I just sort of started seeing someone, but I will definately call you and see you again. I'm just saying I don't know what's going to happen and I met her first, so I may have to cool it, you know?" OK first off I didn't know there was a LINE for you. Second of all, you know how men hate a tease? You would think they would understand by now that it goes both ways. WE hate a tease too. Don't sit over there talking me up and then tell me after I've invested my whole damn friday night that you are already taken. I have other things I could have been doing, more important things, like painting my god damned toe nails. And now I know what it feels like to be runner up for Miss America-should John's girlfriend not be able to complete her duties you will be able to assume the mantle.
Do I get a tiara?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?