Five Questions

Here are the five questions I was posed by Snowball:

1. How would you describe the last time you grew frustrated enough with traffic to make a rude gesture?

Well, I haven't really driven since I've moved to NYC. And the truth is I never have made an obscene gesture at anyone while driving. Well, I haven't made an obscene gesture at ANOTHER DRIVER while driving. I used to give the finger to the Pro Life hutch across the street from the Planned Parenthood. If that counts it would be about five years. But if that doesn't count, never.

2. If you could make one wish to benefit another person, what would it be?

Oh that's a hard one. I guess one wish to benefit one other person? It would have to be for my mother to find a male companion. She deserves it, more than anyone I can think of. If I could have one wish for a group of people, it would be for my students to come out of my class well justified in their confidence to write a well developed paper. That would be closer to a miracle than a wish and if it ever happened, I would stop being a skeptic, proclaim my faith in G-d, and join the nearest synagogue.

3. What is the most impulsively silly thing you've ever done?

Oh man there is some serious competition for that one on a daily basis but this year's award goes to pretending to be a monster while sitting on Jin's shoulder's during the BlackOut. (To make it scandalous, I was wearing a skirt.) I am often given to doing improptu interpretive dance numbers (particularly the "happi bunni" dance and the "antler" dance), and anyone who has seen me dance knows exactly how silly I can be.

I also once flashed ( just my bra) an NYU tour ( I was an undergrad at the time). And I once wore boxers on my head while sitting next to my dad in his vintage convertible MG model B.

4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?

Damn Snowball you ask some hard questions. I am taking influence as not necessarily a good or bad thing, just how much a person has effected me for good AND evil. I have to say my father. I have his depressive tendencies. I enjoy martinis and bloody mary's like he did. He fostered my love of bad horror movies and good horror fiction. He fostered my reading habits. I got my love of learning and school from him. Also he really encouraged me to come to NYC. We were actually a lot alike. When he died, I inherited his library. It was reading those books that really ecnouraged me to be a writer. Before that a lot of the stuff I read was very traditional. I would try and write that way and it just would be forced and difficult. It was reading my father's books that showed me that I could break the rules. So his death is really responsible for me going to grad school in creative writing and for me working on a newspaper for three years.

5. What's your very favorite song?

I have to say it is now, and has been for a while, "Feelin' Good" by Nina Simone. I just love that woman. A close second would be Bobby Short's "In the Dark" which I heard him perform in person on my 25 birthday. It was the best birthday I ever had, drinking champagne with the man I loved at the Carlyle hotel while listening to Bobby Short. You just don't get better than that.

Hey other bloggers, wanna play five questions along with the Bunni?

If you want to play, the rules work like this:

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment saying "interview me."

2. I will respond by asking you five questions-each person's will be different.

3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?