The Law of Eventual Returns

I have come to believe that every man I have given my phone number to will eventually call back. It's simply a matter of waiting a few years. I mean I can understand a guy who waits a week, or even two, but a year?

Here are some recent examples that boggle the mind:

Darren-I met him at a part-we go on one awful date-exactly a year later ( this May) I get a message on my voice mail

"Hi Bunni, I don't know if you remember me but we went on a date around this time last year. We walked through the park. Anyway, it's the same time of year and it made me think of you. Uh here's my number...."

The Beast-after not hearing from him for 8 months he calls me at 2 am while I am in a hotel room in Florida

Hennessey-we met on New Year's Eve-in august I get the following phone message "Hi Bunni. It's Hennessey. We met on New Year's Eve. Anyway I am back in town and wondering what you are up to this weekend. I'll probably call back later." He didn't call back nor did he leave a number.

Marquis-After a rather rude phone call a year ago, he calls up. He, at least, has the presence of mind to realize I might not be so happy to hear from him.

Bishop-I leave a message. Six weeks go by before he calls back and leaves me a message. I call back the same day. Another three weeks go by. When he calls again he claims he calls me more than I call him. I simply laugh.

Vampire Hunter D-After I leave two messages on his answering machine, he doesn't call me back for three years. One night before christmas he actually tracks me down to my new number to call me. ( Of course now he isn't returning calls again, so I have to assume that I will be waiting for another three or so years to hear from him.)

I'm sure more men have tried to call me back, but I have only been living here for three years so they have been calling old numbers.


Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?