And then I realized the joke was on me

So I just came from my weekly web tutorial with the Mistake and the following conversation took place. Please remember that this woman is a colleague. Also remember she is trying to get young students to use english properly.

Bunni: So you'll never guess what a student just asked me.

Mistake: What?

Bunni: This student comes in and asks if the word eunuch-ize is correct.

Mistake: Eunuch-ize?

Bunni: Yeah like as in eunuch-ize a eunuch.

Mistake: What's a eunuch?

Bunni: A castrated man. You know, he would guard the harems in like Arabian Nights and other tales.

Mistake: Spell it for me.

Bunni: E-U-N-U-C-H

Mistake looks it up in dictionary.

Mistake: Says here it's a noun. So no.

Bunni has abandoned all hope that the Mistake will even begin to see the humor in this situation. Simply shakes her head and abandons the joke.

Mistake: Besides, eunuch-ize a eunuch is repetitive.

Bunni: Yes, yes it is.

Mistake: I'm so lucky. All my students, all A's. I've got an A bunch.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?