The Mistress and the Marquis

Last night the Marquis called me after a year long vanishing act. After much effusive pleasantries were exchanged at discovering that he is indeed alive and well, the following conversation took place.

Marquis: How do you feel about married men?

Bunni: You're the third one in two weeks. I'm over my quota.

Marquis: You know, if I was sure that you were still living in the same place, many nights I would have showed up there.

Bunni: Yep, you and the rest of the upper East Side.

Marquis: But you would have taken care of me.

Bunni: You're not alone.

Marquis: But I'm special.

Bunni: If you say so.

The Marquis insists we should write a book together. he sees us as a kind of modern Valmont and Mertueil ( Dangerous Liasons). However he ignores what ultimately happened to both of those characters.

But when the ship is going down, what else can one do but play?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?