Because it sucks to be smart

Somebody give me a stop watch-a whole two weeks of bliss...and then?

Well israel had me over to apartment the other night. He was going to cook, but it was a harder day on him than anticipated. I'm not going to hold chinese take out agaisnt him ( since it was good and I didn't have to pay for it) but here is an issue.

Because I am english teacher, my ability to recognize and process written english is, of course, extremely fast. I used to be a slow reader, but not anymore. Now my students marvel how quickly I can read and write comments on their papers. ( I myself never realized how fast I read material until other people commented on it.)

So I wa sover at Israel's and he wanted to show me some pictures he had been forwarded via email. Now mixed in with his email were emails from his old girlfriend. Now I don't hold that against him. I still have emails from all of my old male conquests ( Vampire Hunter D, Bishop, Luke Duke etc) what I do hold against him is what I read.

It seems that he is always working, ( his former girlfriend always made mention of how he was a busy man but not to forget her) something that I am beginning to discover. One of my big caveats was that I never wanted to have a job was that my life. And I never wanted to have a man who had the same problem. Now maybe that is extremely naive of me considering where I live and the time period I inhabit.

of course, I can't mention this without admitting I read the emails, which theoretically there is no shame in since I was sitting right on his lap while he clicked passed them. What he didn't realize of course is that someone like me can read a short email very quickly.

Why must I be tortured this way?

Can't anything be simple?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?