Suspicion

What is it about a romantic complimentary guy that just makes me suspcious? What is it about a guy, who when he hears you are having a bad day, takes you out for a glass of wine, pumps you full of compliments, and then tells you that you are a genius and he is going to pay to send you to grad school because you are his girlfriend, makes me think that he has some sort of ulterior motive? What is it about a guy who respects my body, takes care of my needs, and finds the fact that I am completely nuts sexy that makes me think he is secretly a wife abuser or a Mossad agent?

So what has been going on this week? Israel took me to coffee on monday, where he continued to compliment me. What I like is that he asks what I want and brings it right to me. Not just the tea with the bag, but fixed the way I like it. The other thing is when we got up to leave, he picked up my pocket book-a dead give away as a formerly married man.

Wednesday was a very bad day at work. So he takes me out for a glass of wine ( and since it was on a fairly empty stomach and I was exhausted, so I was about two inches from falling into a coma on him at the loungue. So we are sitting there, and he brings me my glass of wine and he's just telling me all this wonderful stuff like "I don't understand why you are so hard on yourself. You are a genius. You have enough talent in you to make six very talented people." And then later when we are discussing PhD programs, he says he is going to pay for my PhD. I'm like "Where the hell did that come from?" His response, "Well, you are my girlfriend. So of course I am going to support you when you go to school."

Right, of course.

Either this guy is a prototype in some sort of pioneering Stepford Husbands program OR there is something seriously wrong with him.

On the other hand, I can't see any immediate gain from this type of behavio and I can't believe I am worth that much machiavellian scheming.

It's a difficult thing when you are professionally a skeptic to shut off that logical part of your mind, that part of your mind that is looking for flaws and errors.

On the other hand, who am I to say no to a seemingly dedicated man?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?