Because maybe, just maybe, it isn't really all about me
At around five thirty am, during the blogathon, I really began to feel awful and alone. Usually it's hunger that makes me depressed, rarely sleep deprivation, but suddenly I had this "what the hell am I doing this all for?" fullblown malaise, and, of course, the only person I felt like I could talk to about it was Bakerina who was going through her own private hell of endurance. When Blogmonkey returned, he assured me that he went through the same thing the year before when he participated. I went round to his archives to check, and indeed he did. He told me I would have a very different feeling if I held on till the end. I was skeptical; I always am especially of claims coming from men who are protected by the fact that they are on the other side of the Atlantic. The monkey was indeed correct, and when I finished I felt this huge rush of accomplishment. When I decided to do the 'thon, I thought it would be fun. I thought "Hey its really good excuse to do what I desperately want to do anyway waste all my time online blogging and writing about horror films-and sure it will be self aggrandizing as well because I can say I am doing it for charity AND I'll get a buttload of hits." And even at hour 27 (I woke up at 7 the morning of the blogathon to make sure I was wide awake for the beginning of the thon-I'm not sure why it was important not to start the blogathon tired, but it seemed important at the time) when I was rabbiting on at my mother about all the IMs and comments and support, it hadn't really hit me. It hit me at about seven last night-a little over 200 bloggers managed to raise at last count over 57,000 dollars for charity, and 27,000 of that was raised in less than a week (or so I seem to remember) truly amazing. The totality of that accomplishment was just amazing. I'm still sitting here going "No fucking way. NO FUCKING WAY." But indeed it is true. For confirmation, or to donate as donations are still being accepted, go to the blogathon site.


And now back to me

I'm still not fully recovered, and this is the last week of classes so I am right now in writing finals, reading research papers, calculating final grades hell which will continue until next week. So that link love I promise all y'all it's comin', but be a little patient this week. I could really use some paper grading elves since apparently the vacuuming green card husband thing isn't working out for me just yet. Speaking of how to tell off a guy who desperately deserves it, can someone please tell Jennifer Aniston to call me because the idea her comment on Brad's hair ("Billy Idol called and wants his looks back")constitutes wit is insulting. Queen Hairdo needs me to show her how its done. And if she can't do it, well I can be hired to consult.


<

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?