The best compliment

Melvin: You make me want to be a better man.

Carol: That maybe the best compliment of my life.

Melvin: I may have over shot it, I was aiming at just enough to keep you at the table.
As Good As It Gets

I was having an im conversation with the student who was very depressed about her situation ( "I don't know what I want to do with my life and everyone else does") and I received the following compliment after chatting with her about her problem:

studentmalaise: but thank you
MalLapin: for what? doing my job?
studentmalaise: for being not just a cool english professor
studentmalaise: but a really good cheap psychologist

That had me laughing hard for a good five minutes.

I've been reading Texas T-Bone's blog and I like how he always is posing questions and ideas for his readers. So now I would like to know what's the best compliment you've ever gotten? Or maybe not the best, but the most creative?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?