More Fun with Lack of Sensation

Yep, I wake up this morning and my toes on my left foot are cut up. I have no idea how since I can't feel them. The odd part is that the cuts are on the top of the foot. I have no idea how I could have got them, why only on the left? Why on the TOP of the feet? How the hell did I casually pull that one off?

This happens fairly often blisters and cuts that I have no idea how they formed because when you can't feel your feet, you just keep going. Nothing to stop you. When something does finally hurt me you can be sure it's pretty severe. For example in college I got a blister so deep that my doctor was afraid that it hit the bone. I didn't even know I HAD a blister. If I hadn't taken my socks off for movement class, and my teacher noticed the blister, I would have never known in all likelihood. And it's always fun to tell the doctor, "Uh I have no idea how long it's been there."

When I did my first ballroom competition, the back of my foot started to believe. The funny thing is my teacher told my foot was bleeding, and I looked at the wrong one. Afterwards everyone was so impressed with my dedication, that I would keep dancing with a bloody foot (It was nothing compared to what happened at christmas when after a mini showcase I took off my shoe to find my foot covered in blood). I didn't have the heart to tell them there was no dedication involved-it just didn't hurt. And since the damage was already done there was no reason for me to stop.

But it is, even for me, odd to wake up and find damage to my body and have no way to explain it. For me it's another way that my body is seperate from myself.


Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?