Advice: the wise man doesn't need it, and the fool doesn't listen.
-My father

Here is a smattering of advice on the Israel question

My Mother-
"When he doesn't call you, don't call him. Blow him off."

Miracle Gro-
"You have to say to yourself, no, stop. Look, life is short, and you only have one life. You are going to waste it on feeling bad? No, the problem here is that you are talking to much to yourself and you don't have enough answers. I can see it in you. You have to just tell those voices in your head to shut up. If you do that even for one minute, you're going to feel better. So just say to yourself, no, I'm not going to feel bad."

Flibberdegibbet (another dance teacher-in this case female)
"You sound angry. That's not like you. Listen, no guy is worth destroying who you are. You're beautiful and smart and funny. And you don't need this.

Mrs. Shutterbug (only married a few months to Shutterbug-a professional photographer)

"Listen, you have to ask yourself exactly how much bullshit you are willing to put up with? I mean set out parameters. You have no idea the shit I put up with from Shutterbug the first few months of dating. He would say things like 'Yeah I'll be at this party, unless I leave with some blonde with fake tits before you get there.' And he meant it. I mean, you have no idea what this guy put me through. And I broke up with him. I got to a point and I said 'You know what? You aren't worth this.' And then we got back together. But let me tell you, I really love my husband, but I wish I was still single. That Jane Austen's Emma is bullshit, it's not real. Women are conditioned to believe that they aren't complete without men. But really women are better able to deal with things financially, emotionally, and physically with out men. All that romantic crap about how great love is-it's a fantasy. It's not real. But back to your problem. Listen, you're telling me that you feel you've already lost him. Well then you can look at it two ways. Either you are correct, you have correctly interpreted the data and now you have to act on it. Or maybe you think you'll feel worse if you do that. You say you feel like you've already lost, but you haven't put an end to it yet, which means you still have some kind of hope. You have to ask yourself if what you are dealing with is worth that hope. Maybe it is. But maybe it isn't. You're the only person who can answer that question.

My Therapist-

You need to get angry. Not at yourself, at him. I don't know where you anger has gone, but you need to find it. You need to mobilize it. And you need to confront him. You need closure.

Of course, as my father used to say "The truth is people don't really want advice. They are going to do what they are going to do no matter what you say. If you want to help someone, what you do is you be there for them when they need you.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?