What if Mom discovered your blog?

The Onion faces what apparently is a frightening thought for millions of bloggers, what if your mom found your blog? Considering how many blogs are listed under real names and how many of our parents are savvy enough to handle even the most basic google search, I'm not sure how terrified the blogging populace is. I GAVE my mother the address of this blog, which may be indicative of the odd kind of relationship she and I have. Still, I don't live in terror of discovery.

On the other hand, I'm no where near as open as some bloggers like Philip Clark who even went so far as to include his mailing address in one of his entries. I not only maintain this blog under a pseudonym, but I do not generally give the address out to people who know me. Several people at work know I maintain a blog, but none of them know the address ( and apparently don't have the drive to say look over my shoulder while I am editing my blog in the computer lab). My main reason for anonymity has to do with my job and not my fear of other people knowing what I am thinking.

But, let's hear it fellow bloggers, for those of you who blog under your real name, are you afraid of anyone finding your blog? Mom? Co-workers? Exs? For those of you who blog under a pseudonym, why are "protecting" your identity?

I notice many of you blog under a pseudonym, but post comments under your first name. What is the system working there?

Just curious to see what you all have to say.

PS

Although the article is satirical in nature, Blogger has posted a response including handy tips to avoid Mom, or really any other unwanted visitor, from finding your blog. I have to say none of their tips come as much of a surprise. For those of you who are adamant about protecting yourself, any helpful tips for the rest of us?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?