Anonymous
It seems remaining anonymous is more and more difficult. And it would upset me a great deal if I had to take down Bunniblog and set up shop under a different name somewhere else and start from scratch again. I've been tracked here before. By a variety of people. Nothing new. But now more and more people at work are expressing interest, some have already found me, and considering some of the more personal information I've posted here, things are beginning to become problematic. Suddenly I find myself not wanting to post things lest someone I know spy it, or I take down a perfectly legitimate post because I have to worry about some person identifying me or finding out some "secret" information. I've always tried to be honest in this blog, which isn't easy. I've had to push through my own boundaries about what I feel comfortable writing about. As a writer I thought it was my job to push myself to write about issues and topics that embarassed me or even showed me ina negative light because generally those are the most important things to write about. And now, of course, I have to begin to worry about the consequences of trying to be a writer instead of a "morally upstanding citizen."


Considering the rest of the ridiculousness I have to deal with, I don't have energy for this, and it seems like on some level just another "Alright time to take this blog down" argument. But on some level, the blog means more to me than the rest of it. Essentially what I do in my personal life, as long as it isn't illegal, is fine. I've never bought into the "it's not just a job it's a whole image" argument. It is, essentially, ridiculous. To ask me to live a certain lifestyle, curb my expression, on top of all the other sacrifices I've made for this post is completely unrealistic. And I have to say if I was asked to take down the blog, I would most likely quit my job at the end of the semester.


And if you wake up one day and Bunniblog is gone, you'll know what happened. It means I'll have set up shop somewhere else.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?