It Isn't Paranoia if They're Really Out to Get Me
There are some who have questioned why I remain anonymous considering the content of the site. I may, in Orionoir's estimation at least, be one of the finest sex bloggers out there, but my writing about sex, well, you haven't read a lot of it, have you? That's because it's mixed in with less than spicy analyses of Peter Pan, travelogues about going to Vegas with my gay husband, and waxing homicidal about my students, administration, other professors, and the general state of education in the US.

Considering how small my readership is and the likelihood of exposure, my response to having my first name used in my comments field a few weeks ago may have seemed, well, shall we say-over the top? Operatic in its scope?

When I ran sweating to Kinko's because my wireless was down, I kept telling myself it wasn't that big of deal. Of course, all the while thinking of people who were fired for their blogs even if the blogs didn't detail any activity that was against company regulations.

For those who think I over re-acted, you might want to head here, Abby Lee (pseudonym) wrote her very popular sex blog and book under such anonymity even her publishers didn't know her real identity...that is until a London newspaper published not only her identity; but her birth certificate; her address; and her mother's name, profession, and location.

Now even if you could claim that there is a public interest in revealing the identity of the author, an identity she went out of her way to hide, how can you justify revealing her mother's address?

And of course, this is mainly why I keep myself anonymous, to protect others, like my mother, who have no contact with the blog whatsoever, but should my real identity be revealed could certainly cause a bit of scandal for her.

"Uh," you might say," you don't have two million readers and a nice book for sale." Well I don't now. But who is to say in the public I might not? Or write something under my real name which I don't necessarily want associated with my exploits in Paris?

Yeah, so just keep your traps shut.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?