Luck Be a Lady
So tonight I went to the Pioneer theater to see the 10th Anniversary of Tromeo and Juliet.

So first off, Lloyd and Debbie, who both showed, are so nice. When I told Lloyd that I hang out at the coffee place where his daughter hangs as well he said, "Oh, oh you should have told me. I would have paid for your ticket."

You have to love the good Jewish boys with the bad taste, questionable sense of humor, and gallons of Karo syrup in the basement.

And Debbie signed my Terror Firmer DVD "Bunni is a goddess of love." It's like she knows me! I have to say there's something incredibly, I don't know, just sweet about her. I just wanted to give her a hug and the way she acted I had a feeling if I had asked she would have been completely fine with that.

My whole day had been about this movie. I went down to UPS to pick up my copy of Terror Firmer because they can not be trusted to deliver when they say they will. Then back uptown to Dylan's Candy Bar for the correct assortment of Heartbreakers and Gummi Brains. All the way to the apartment for a late lunch and pick up my date, Marv, cos you can't be going to that film alone.

Got downtown and walked into the theater, and it was odd. All this craziness and of course no one to share it with. And no one I knew there. Just a bunch of male horror geeks staring at me because I'm wearing a t-shirt with a rhinestone encrusted skull and cross bones.

After the movie, I was walking home, and this obese 15 year old girl stopped me with this whole story about needing money for her dance troupe. The truth was I didn't have any cash on me. I told her I didn't have money, but asked if she had a website or some other way for me to donate at a later date. She kept going on and on about no they were collecting money TONIGHT and couldn't I go to an ATM or something? They don't have emails or websites. Finally, I was like "Well, sorry."

Then she started asking where I had been. I told her the movies. "You went to the movies alone? Why?"

It never occurred to me tell her none of her business because I couldn't imagine why she wanted to know.

Well she wanted to make me feel awful about being alone since I wouldn't give her money. That was it. When I pointed out to her that the best way to fundraise isn't by insulting the potential donor's lifestyle choice she said, "Yes it is."

Well who could argue with that logic?

Now considering that I had just watched a troma film, she's lucky I didn't vomit fizzy green stuff on her.

If I was on my game, I would have said, "Well since you're such an expert fundraiser, you'll reach your goal in no time without me."

Instead, I explained AGAIN that I couldn't give money, I was being honest, and she didn't have a viable alternative for when I could give. Finally she asked for my cellphone number. I told her no. Then she offered hers. I said, "OK" mainly just so I could finally keep walking. So then she says, "Are you really going to call me?"

And which point I just said, "Jesus fucking christ, this is just too much trouble."

She shouted her cellphone number at my back, and I kept walking.

Of course, by the time I hit the 6 I was in tears. Sure I could have struck back by pointing out the unlikeliness of an obese girl succeeding at dance.Sure I could have pointed to the fact that although she was collecting money for her troupe, she couldn't even come up with the troupe's name. Not even a well thought out scam. But no I took the high road. And for my pains, I end up in tears.

Thank You NY for all the Good Times.

Luckily I had a special DVD preview of Poultrygeist in my bag.There is absolutely nothing that a musical number featuring zombie chickens and splatacular meat grinder death scene can not make better.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?