Why Argument is Important
My students often wonder, but here is a classic example: The government argued that the program is well within the president’s authority, but said proving that would require revealing state secrets.

Now, I'm rarely political on this site, and I'm not going to be, I'm just point out that the "uh yeah we have evidence but we can't show you" is only slightly less sophisticated than the exuses I get from my students about bibliographies full of nothing but wikipedia entries.

Speaking of students, go check out that miscreant Office Elf. He's on the front page of NY Sports Day. (The article entitled "Is It Time To Panic?"

And because I'm drama queen and it's supposed to be all about me, can I say I spent this summer trying to push my writing, and this twit is now on two websites while I've been waiting for Icons of Fright to put up my reviews of Lovecracked and 39? And he hasn't even graduated? I'm so getting put in his aknowledgements when he writes his book.

Damn it.

Incidentally, I'm going to put both reviews up here tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?