Nip/Tuck

Yes I know I haven't blogged about my new favorite cultural train wreck ( hats off the Bill Hicks for that phrase) lately. It was on tuesday, and I watched it. The show is basically a more plastic surgery oriented version of General Hospital. But what REALLY got to me is the new jewish nemesis. The firm, which should be totally bankrupt considering they never manage to get a paying client, is competing against an afro-ed Jew. Now that doesn't bother me, it doesn't even bother me that he attempted ( actually succeeded) in buying Christian's model girlfriend with a 250,000 dollar car. What bothers is me is WHY he wants her. He wants her to so that he can produce blonde jewish children. OK it's not just that the idea smacks of um gestapo-esque ideas (I read somewhere about experiments involving injections of blue ink into the eyes of Jews to change the color of the irises) but obviously he's not a really good Jew because any Jew knows that the religion travels MATRILINEALLY which means if the chick ain't a jew, the kid ain't either.

So first our Oy boy has to convince little Ms. Aryan of the Year to BECOME Jewish, then she must complete the transformation. Once all of that is completed THEN her children will be Jewish. And since I'm fairly sure she dyes her hair, I doubt they will be blonde.

There are a lot of other problems with the show, including that it doesn't even really pretend about medicine anymore.

I do have to say that it did give me one rolling around on the floor laughing moment-and yes I'll share

Sophia, a pre-op transexual, goes to the house of one of the female nurses who is a lesbian ( and needs to have a serious teeth bleaching). Sophia gives the nurse a make over, they bond about how lonely they are and they can't find anyone to love them for who they are, and then, they kiss. Yep, the love of a lesbian for a pre-op transexual (who says "Pre-op I'm gay, but I WILL be straight"). Of course, they decide later to eschew passion and become friends. But it was both so predictable and cliched especially considering how many avenues it could have taken. It made me long for Six Feet Under.

sigh.


Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?