Room Service!

Remember our friend John Yule? The one who said he wasn't coming back ever again? Well, he did. They just can't stay away.

I had an assignation with this other guy, I made it Wednesday night in the midst of my meltdown. Come Thursday morning it seemed like a bad idea, and by last night I pretty much decided to ditch him. So I put my away message on, I shut off my phone, and put my little bunni head down to sleep, because really how much can go wrong when you are asleep in bed.

Around five thirty my buzzer starts going off. And going off and going off. At first I thought it was just someone locked out. Finally it went on long enough that I schlep myself over to the buzzer and ask who it is.

"It's me" says John Yule.

I should have known.

So John comes in and I say "Hey wasn't the last time I saw supposed to be the last time I saw you." And he says, "Well yeah it was. This is the last time I swear."

I'll let you know when I'm convinced.

So he asks me if I've been sleeping, which I have. I mean, that's what some of us crazy kids do at five thirty in the morning. So he asks me how I've been and I tell him awful. He wants to know the whole story so I give him the short short version. ("Never sleep with a friend," he tells me, too late I might add "I have a whole bunch, and I would never touch them." I looked at him and said, "And because you have me, you don't have to.")

Digression Actually what is fun is getting a whole bunch of different perspectives on the same situation-for example John's take: "Ok this guy is just lying to himself and to her. I mean, I'm a dog, but I admit it. I'm up front about it." To which I responded "Yes, yes you are."-What I didn't add is that although he is up front with me about being a dog, I wonder how upfront he is to her. ( I can just see John doing his daily affirmation-looking in the mirror, breathing from his diaphragm saying,"I am the dog. I am the dog." Girlfriend walks by with raised eyebrow wondering "What the hell is that all about?") END DIGRESSION

I told him about the blog thing as well and how upset I was by that.

JY: Oh is the site you won't tell me about because you think I'll freak?

BB: Yes.

JY: What do you write about?

BB: Um, well, you know all of this stuff, dating, sex, teaching-it's totally self indulgent.

JY:Well that's good, but why would it scare me?

BB: Um, I dunno, I guess I'm paranoid about people I know in real life reading it, that it would radically change their opinion of me

JY: Oh. ( Bunni lets out a sigh of relief when it's clear the John has totally bought it.)

And then I added that all I wanted was someone to show up and rip my clothes off. True I would have liked him to show a little earlier, but show he did. I could have resisted, but what for? I wanted him and he was willing, so I used him. I could come up with a witty metaphor here but I'm too damn tired.

Oh and before he left John wanted to know if I was available saturday.

I love it when they book in advance.



Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?