Why am I Such a Twit?

"Man: You a fuckin' lawyer?

Woman: Depends on who I'm with." -Other People's Money (the play NOT THE MOVIE which is an affront to humanity)

Ok it's almost 3 am and I have to get uo at 6:30. So why am I up blogging?

No, that wasn't a rhetorical question, I'm actually asking.

I was reading the black saint's blog and he has this very good rant against the ethics of the housing situation on Friends. (And it also warms my heart to know that I am not the only one who has these kinds of thoughts about tv shows-often my friends say "But it's just a show" and I have to say "yes but still..." and they simply write it off as a blogger who is bitter at the success of tv writers, but I digress). Anyway, it was a rousing entry, even though I'm so exhausted I should be in a coma. So I decided to post a comment, a simple one liner. Generally my comments are much longer. And this makes me paranoid that I am taking up too much space in the comments section and rambling like a twit (us english professors are good for the rambling). So I simply posted "Can I get an 'amen'?" which is both a quote from one of my favorite plays "Other People's Money" (see above quote) and indicative of how inspiring I found his post (I debating just writing amen, but somehow this quotation seemed better, it just appealed to me). But then immediately after posting it, I was like "will people get it? should I have explained it more? will they think I'm a total moron? or even worse just an insane random poster?" Now why the hell do I care what some random yahoos in cyberspace think of one comment? I don't know, but I am worried enough about it that I had to post a whole entry here to explain myself.

Why, why, why am I such a twit?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?