A Man Offers A Possible Explaination

It seems that the breaking up thread isn't just on my mind- Geese Aplenty has offered an explaination for why men are so bad at breaking up. And of course, this self aware badness may lead men to avoiding the situation altogether. (Anyone see Carrie's post-it break up rant on Sex in the City ? "It's the fact that you don't want to be the bad guy that makes you the bad guy.") Still I'd rather get Greg's "I have prostate cancer and if you stay you'll have it too" than "Gee I wonder if my boyfriend has suddenly emigrated to another plane of being without notifying me" any day of the week.

Break ups are bad. No matter how nice, sweet, or well handled they are. It doesn't matter if you do the leaving or he does. It's going to suck. Somethings in life just aren't going to be good no matter what. But that doesn't mean we can't give the other person what little comfort we can-the respect of telling them what is going on and letting him know so that he can move on with his life. It's a choice, a simple choice.


Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?