It Came From Outerspace
OK it seems from here on out, it's going to be personal confession time because I am running low on the trivia at this point. When I was growing up, there was a movie theater up the hill and in the summer it used to run 24 creature features and the like. Since it had air conditioning, my friends and I often made the trek to watch films such as this an alledged 3-D film which sported only two 3-D shots-some boulders rolling and a tree. I can't tell you how exciting that tree was. Christ I lived in CT. If I wanted to see a 3-D tree, hundreds of them, all I had to do was walk outside. The aliens, also, were patently ridiculous as well as slow moving-greatly reducing their threat. Still when that movie theater closed I was very sad. It tried to keep that old time feel to it. The last night it was open it played Casablanca. I wish I had walked up the hill that night to see it.


"You go ahead darling, I'm just going to run boiling hot water over the places you just touched me."


This loose remake of a Vincent Price classic features another academy award WINNER AFTER he won the award. As Chris Rock says, makes you wonder how much his mortgage is.

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?