Saturday Night Feature Upstate New York Edition: Solitary Drinking Games
Well it's Saturday night and I'm in upstate new york WITHOUT A FUNCTIONING TV SET and a doped up cat.

Ahem.

Well I've already cruised ebay (I bid on another vintage potholder crochet book-I don't even know that many people who know what a potholder is), and now it's time to marinate into oblivion.

Now if you're like me, and well I hope for you're sake that you're not, but if you are, then you don't need an excuse to drink. Drinking is merely a function like breathing or eating which one need not invent excuses for.

But for those of you deluded idiots who thinking that drinking needs excuses, but find yourselves alone with a liqupr cabinet and a desperate need for a reason to raid it, I offer some of my solitary drinking games.

Wicker Man-The Drinking Game

For those of you who might have an original copy of Wicker Man, do a shot everytime a rabbit is mentioned or the image of a rabbit appears on screen. Trust me on this-those rabbit bastards will get you hammered. Especially if you're like me "Oh look that cookie kind of looks like a rabbit if you squint and twist your head."

This game can also be used to kick off the festivities of those foolish enough to go see the remake.

The "I Can't Believe I Watched That" Drinking Game
IMDB has a list of the 100 worst rated films. Set up your bottle and glass. As you scroll down the list, each time you spy a film you watched, do a shot. The odds are if you saw any of these films, you are long overdue for quite a few shots. If you are a MST3K fan, you are in for some serious drinking.
The films on the list that I watched:
Leonard Part 6
Manos: Hands of Fate (MST3K)
Alone in the Dark
The Garbage Pail Kids
Jaws: the Revenge
Teen Wolf Too
I Accuse My Parents (MST3K)
Monster a Go-Go (MST3K)
I did manage to avoid Thunderpants, Anus Magillicutty, and Santa With Muscles. And I thought I deserved a drink for that.
I have to say that I'm surprised that no Ed Wood/Tor Johnson films are on that list.
Variation on the game: if you saw the film in a theater 3 shots, cable two shots, MST3K one shot.
Incidentally you can do a varietion of this game with a TV guide. Go through your guide and everytime you find a film you've seen showing on the Sci-Fi channel after 1 am, do a shot. If you saw it in the theater, do two shots. If you own the DVD of the film, three shots. If you're a lightweight, just do one night. If you're brave, do a whole week.
Metafilter: Two Drinking Games
This next game, well it's something of a niche favorite.
Don't get me wrong. I love metafilter. I do. But lately, well, the kids have gotten some sand in their bathing suits and it's beginning to show.
Game One: Pick a poster and do a shot every time that poster comments on a thread. If you frequent the place, well, you know who to pick and who you definitely need to have a shot after reading. (Delmoi, hint hint.)
Game Two: Guess how many comments into a thread before someone starts a Metatalk thread about what's going on ie why this post sucks, why this person is being a troll, why metfilter is no longer the fabulous haven for intellectual bloggers everywhere it used to be, why don't they make purple M&Ms etc. For every comment over your guess, do a shot. Kind of takes the sting out, don't it?
If you have friends over, can I mention how much more fun games like Trivial Pursuit or even Candy Land can be if you add liquor into the mix?
Any games you all would like to add?

Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?