Laugh and the World Laughs...
I will never think of that line the same way again after watching Oldboy.

Well in an attempt to distract myself from my cat's woes (she still doesn't feel great, although she is quieter tonight) I am going to post some hi-larity courtesy of the good folks at Metafilter.

Some of you know my favorite scene in Shane, when Jack Palance throws the gun at the sheepherder's feet. You know the "You all saw him, he had a gun" scene.

Well if I had the chance to reshoot that scene first off I would cast Gary Oldman in the Jack Palance role. (Hey nobody does evil like Gary. That man can sit on my lap and hold my beer any damn time he wants.) But I would have the sheepherder pick up this lovely Hello Kitty gun.


Now if those bastards made a My Melody
hand grenade I'd remake Rambo.

And now off to bed. Last night what little sleep I got was undercut by the fact that David Cronenberg was apparently guest directing my subconscious. I kept having horrible dreams about my cat having seizures, but they were so vivid, tactile, and real that even after I woke up I didn't really believe that it hadn't happened. I kept thinking I had to wrap her in a towel and run with her to the vet, but then I'd realize she was asleep at the foot of the bed.

Hopefully tonight I'll sleep without the aid of chemical restraints.



Comments: Post a Comment



    This page is powered by 
Blogger. Isn't yours?